Why it matters
This gorgeously diverse community of women tend to be united by a passion to live fully and make a positive contribution to our world.
And we know that when connected with that vision ... "When I dare to be powerful - to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid" (Audrey Lorde).
Recently a mob of us came together to reflect on and learn from our collective wisdom of being unstoppable in the service of our vision - and those times when we are definitely stopped - and to apply the learnings to our lives. To assist, we interviewed ideas historian Elina Juusola (right) about the key factors that finally brought her to write and publish her book after decades of her dream sitting on the shelf. (Note: To read and view Elina's story, see the next blog post).
Mapped onto the framework for UNSTOPPABLE WOMEN, these distinctions enabled individuals to identify the particular dimensions and actions that will make the most difference for them in being unstoppable. Read on for what the women found...
What are the situations where you know yourself to be unstoppable?
- Standing in knowing what I know, nothing more and nothing less.
- Being in full congruence where all of me is operating and aligned.
- Standing in grace and coming from a place of self acceptance where there are no wrongs and no rights.
- Being creative such as singing.
- Creating the space to create, to rest, the freedom to let myself in and renew my plans.
- Travelling and exploring new spaces and places.
- Not seeking validation from others.
- Making spontaneous decisions such as hang glidiing without focusing on the fear.
In what sort of situations do you feel stopped?
- When I don't remember to stand in my power.
- When I allow my tendency to give my power away.
- When not as many things fall into place, my energy becomes blocked.
- When I feel disillusionment with the world, with everything.
- When I feel overwhelmed eg by neighbours; I lack hope, feel bullied and my agorophobia kicks in .
- When faced with the imminent demise of a loved one.
Elements of Being Unstoppable
From our participant experiences and the interview with Elina, we were able to map our experiences and strategies onto the framework of Essential Elements of Being Unstoppable that inform Chris' work with Unstoppable Women.
1. Claim your vision.
2. Connect with your present.
3. Clear the way for your magnificence.
4. Courageously disrupt.
5. Live your vision . . . be in action.
6. Generate the life and the world you want.
7. Enrol your universe.
Making a difference for you and your life
- Clear the way for my magnificence (I like this a lot!)
- Courageously Disrupt!
- Be brave and spontaneous
- Courageously and respectfully disrupt.
- Challenge with innovation and ideas.
- Continue to clear and make space
- Create times to reflect and affirm learning
Next blog post:
December's full moon is 25 December! You are invited to howl in synergy at any time you like of course :-) ... and to howl in sync at 9.11 pm on the 25th (Brisbane time).
I thank every one of you for your connection, and I wish you all a peaceful and joyous holiday period and magnificent new year for you and the planet. <3 <3