Sometimes the body (apparently) acts totally opposite to what the mind has decided.
This happened today to me. I watched it happen.
Now to consider the repercussions.
First though, some context.
However to produce even a short considered piece of writing for public consumption - within a timeframe that allows other work to continue - I find challenging as writing takes me a seemingly very long time and usually becomes more complex than first intended, and is often shelved before completion. Hence I avoid writing blog posts, newsletters, mass emails, almost ANY marketing in fact. Avoid it like the plague, you might say.
Not surprisingly, my awareness raising and connecting with broader communities women who'd love what I have to offer....suffers greatly as a result. (A topic for another post - maaaybe.)
This afternoon I briefly pondered whether to complete a draft blog post I came across that had been languishing from a few months ago. The post (included below) seeks to express my desolation and abhorrence I felt about what the Australian Government and the Queensland Government is each doing on so many fronts.
CAMPBELL NEWMAN. TONY ABBOTT.
NOT IN MY NAME.
NOT IN OUR COUNTRY'S NAME.
NOT IN ANYONE'S NAME.
There are a good few reasons why I wouldn't post it.
- We each always have choice in how we choose to be in the face of circumstances.
- I believe in being part of the solution, not only criticising the day.
- There are also three fine reasons why this slip of the hand is perfectly timed.
1. In Queensland we're about to have a Government election and I want to assist a change. This Premier and his government has been responsible for so much decimation to critical services for those less fortunate, to jobs and employment, to the environment including mining the Great Barrier Reef, and to wildlife. His Environment Minister, on World Endangered Species Day, allowed councils to shoot and decimate bat populations that are already diminshed - including a threatened species. The Environment Minister. Go figure. And that's just the start.
2. Abbott's Australian Government is similarly wreaking horrendous havoc within the country as he breaks hundreds of promises and dismantles important structures for the socially disadvantaged and others - and for refugee and asylum seeker populations from overseas. Oh, and he's the Minister for Women who exhibits values and beliefs from centuries ago in relation to the roles and capacities of women. Sexist, bigoted and much more.
3. Late last night I saw the invitation from Seth Godin's team member Kao to join a Blog Challenge of one post a day for a week. A challenge that scares and excites me and which I clearly need.
So here i am in Australia writing on Tuesday evening. I've spent so long on the lead-in section, the post won't be submitted in time. However I know I've already won.
The challenge is to write about significant things, hard stuff, not simply facts. Well, I'm okay on that count.
So I'm choosing vulnerability, sharing and liberation as I send this off before I'm comfortable with it.
And in summary in relation to Campbell Newman.
IN SO MANY WAYS WE NEED THIS GOVERNMENT OUT. IN QUEENSLAND AND AUSTRALIA.
IN QUEENSLAND, WE CAN THIS MONTH VOTE THE CAMPBELL NEWMAN GOVERNMENT OUT.
HELP TO HAND OUT VOTING CARDS FOR THE QUEENSLAND GREENS. MAKE A DIFFERENCE
PM me for details.